Alvar De Dios Camino De Los Arrieros 2016 750ml
SKU 803365
This wine is currently unavailable, the vintage 2017 is available

Alvar De Dios Camino De Los Arrieros 2016

Arribes - Castilla Y Leon - Spain

Professional Wine Reviews for Alvar De Dios Camino De Los Arrieros 2016

Rated 92 by Wine Advocate
The red 2016 Camino de los Arrieros is a blend of grapes from Arribes del Duero, from different vineyards in the village of Villadepera. It’s a village wine from rented vineyards and purchased grapes from old vines (many centenary) on red slate soils with some 60% Rufete, Trincadeira Preta, Bastardo (aka Trousseau), Rufete and even some red grapes and the remaining 40% Juan Garcia. It fermented in oak vats and plastic bins with full clusters that were foot trodden, with natural yeasts. The source of the grapes has changed from the previous years, and the profile of the wine is completely different-much more aromatic, mineral and more elegant. It was a little reduced and needs some air. The year is also very different from 2015: 2016 was a lot cooler and delivered both quality and quantity. The palate is light to medium-bodied, with supple flavors and great balance and freshness. This is super tasty, easy to drink, really pleasant. It was bottled after six months in 1,000-liter oak vats and 500-liter barrels. This is delicious, a far cry from the rustic reds from Arribes we’re used to, mineral, elegant and fresh.

Additional information »

Other Vintages:
2017 2016 2015 2014
Out of Stock
I've Had This
92WA
Availability
This item is available for online ordering only. It can be picked up or shipped from our location within 4-6 business days. ?

Alvar De Dios Camino De Los Arrieros 2016 Customer Reviews

Product Rating  

There have been no reviews for this product. Be first to .

More wines available from Alvar De Dios

Additional Information on Alvar De Dios Camino De Los Arrieros 2016

Winery Alvar De Dios

Region: Castilla Y Leon

From the beautifully robust, boisterous and spicy red Tempranillo wines of the west, to the fruity, aromatic white Verdejo wines from the Rueda, Castilla y Leon is a Spanish wine region with something to please everyone. The region itself is a particularly fascinating one for European wine fans, as it dates back several centuries and is, in many ways, the defining region of Spain for the country's viticultural identity. Dry, arid soils and baking heat produce wines of a unique character, coming from grapes which have to struggle to attain the moisture they require in order to ripen. The flavors of Castilla y Leon are big, bold and seductive, and packed full of all the passion and history only a country like Spain can provide.

Country: Spain

Ever since the Phoenicians and Romans brought their knowledge of vine cultivation to Spanish soils, the country's culture has grown alongside wine production, with wine being a vital part of Spanish identity and Spanish traditions. Each region of Spain has a wine quite distinct from the others, and it is produced by smallholders and families as much as it is by large companies and established wineries. From the relatively mild and lush regions of La Rioja to the arid plateaus that surround Madrid, grapes are grown in abundance for the now booming Spanish wine industry, and new laws and regulations have recently been put in place to keep the country's standards high. By combining traditional practices with modern technology, Spanish wineries are continuing to produce distinctive wines of great character, flavor and aroma, with the focus shifting in recent decades to quality over quantity.