TIPS FOR ORDERING
- PROCESSING TIME: Orders are processed in the order they are received, which varies based on current business volume.
- AVAILABILITY: Rapid ship items are ready for shipping. Pre-Arrival items are long-term products requiring 4-8 months for arrival. Items not labeled as Rapid Ship or Pre-arrival may require a transfer from the warehouse to our shipping facility before shipping, which can take 4–6 business days.
- HOLDS: A future ship date can be selected during checkout. Our maximum allowed days for a hold varies from 30-90 days depending on the season, available space, and other factors.
- LONG-TERM STORAGE: Free delivery to River Valley Wine Storage can be selected during checkout.
- FREE SHIPPING: We currently offer free nationwide ground shipping on qualifying orders.
- SHIPPING: We currently ship with FedEx exclusively.
- All shipments require an adult signature at the time of delivery.
- During times of extreme heat and cold, we highly recommend utilizing an air express service.
- The addition of ice to your shipment can be selected during checkout.
- To avoid possible delays in home delivery, we recommend shipping to a local FedEx pickup facility which can be selected during checkout.
- For more information on these tips and more, please see shipping details below, check out the FAQ, and see our Terms & Conditions page.
- For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
ADDITIONAL THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN SHIPPING WINE
Wine is perishable. Consider extreme weather conditions.Orders are shipped from our location in upstate New York. For shipments that require more than 3 days transit, we recommend utilizing an express shipping service of 3 days or less, especially during the extreme heat and cold seasons, to preserve the integrity of the wine. As an example, ground transit from our location to the West Coast typically takes 5 days of ground transit. Please note that during times of extreme heat or cold, we may avoid shipping on Thursdays and/or Fridays in an effort to avoid delays in weekend transit.
Adult Signature RequiredWhen shipping wine, federal law requires an adult signature by the recipient. The carrier will make three attempts for a delivery/signature after which the shipment will be returned to us. If your package is returned to us for this reason, you will be charged for any return fees and the second shipping attempt.
GiftsWhen sending a gift shipment, make sure recipient will be home during normal delivery hours. Also, be sure to include a gift card message (Located below the address information in the shopping cart).
Business DeliveryThis is preferable because someone is always there to sign and it is somewhat less expensive.
We do not ship outside the continental US.
Orders will be processed in the order they are received.
All wines are sold in New York and title passes to the buyer in New York. We make no representation to the legal rights of anyone to ship or import wines into any state outside New York. The buyer is solely responsible for shipment of wines. By placing an order, you authorize us to act on your behalf to engage a common carrier to deliver your wine. By placing an order you represent to us that you are 21 years old or older. When your wine is delivered, the delivery agent will require identification proving that the receiver is 21 years old. The shipping container will be clearly marked stating that the package contains alcohol. The Saratoga Wine Exchange is not responsible for the return of shipments due to lack of positive ID, and return shipping charges are your responsibility. By placing an order with us, you are stating to us that you are in compliance with your local laws governing alcoholic beverages.
- The Saratoga Wine Exchange reserves the right to hold shipment of your wine during extreme weather conditions. Although unlikely, we reserve the right to raise prices for shipping/handling without notice. The Saratoga Wine Exchange cannot be responsible for damage to wine (including leakage or damaged corks) shipped to you against our express protestations in regards to weather conditions.
- The Saratoga Wine Exchange cannot be responsible for wine damaged by a shipper or inappropriate storage/handling on the part of the buyer, although we will make a reasonable effort to resolve any disputes. We reserve the right to refuse sales if we deem it to be inappropriate and/or unsafe.
- The Saratoga Wine Exchange cannot be held responsible for wine damaged due to being shipped during periods of extreme heat or extreme cold. We will gladly store your wines free of charge for up to 3 months until there are more moderate temperatures. If you must have wine shipped during extreme weather we recommend that you only use air shipping in such cases. Ground shipping times can vary widely and are not guaranteed by the delivery companies leaving your wines exposed to the elements for longer than recommended. If you choose to have your wines shipped using the ground rate, we cannot guarantee the wines condition and will not accept returns of damaged wines due to excessive heat or cold. Please call regarding shipping if you have any questions about the best way to ship you please call prior to placing an order.
- Shipping containers: The Saratoga Wine Exchange uses Styrofoam or pulp packaging containers with protected compartments for each bottle. This has proven to be the most effective packaging available for shipping wine bottles. In addition to excellent mechanical protection for the bottles, a measure of temperature insulation is also provided.
- We cannot ship to PO, APO, or FPO box offices.
- We do not ship outside the continental U.S.
- For orders larger than 12 bottles, We will ship in separate boxes. Example: 14 bottles will be shipped as 12 bottles and as 2 bottles.
- Overnight and 2nd Day denote BUSINESS DAYS, they do not include Saturday and Sunday. An Overnight shipment placed Friday is a Monday Delivery
- Incorrect, insufficient, or change of address will incur a $10.00 surcharge.
- We reserve the right to charge return shipping for refused or undelivered packages.
- Shipping is non refundable in event of returned packages
- Please allow up to 2 business days for your order to be processed
Please be advised that as of January 26, 2024, FedEx has adjusted their Money-Back Guarantee Policy, and it no longer includes FedEx 2Day® or FedEx Express Saver® Services. Though infrequent, in the event your shipment utilizing these services is not delivered within the delivery commitment time, refunds for the delay will not be available.
FREE Shipping to Partner Storage Facilities
Saratogawine.com is pleased to announce a new benefit for customers who are wine storage clients of River Valley Wine Cellars in Hawthorne, N.Y. As part of our commitment to providing the best possible wine storage solution, we are now offering FREE delivery to River Valley Wine Cellars. Each month, Saratogawine.com will consolidate orders for customers who use River Valley Wine Cellars and transport their items at no additional cost. Our team of experts will handle the packing and delivery of your wine collection with the utmost care to ensure its safe arrival the storage facility. If available, your wine will be delivered in its original carton.
River Valley Wine Cellars is known for its exceptional wine storage facilities, including 24/7 surveillance, temperature-controlled storage units, and a team of professional wine handlers. This, combined with Saratogawine.com’s commitment to customer satisfaction, provides wine enthusiasts with peace of mind knowing their collection is stored in the best possible conditions. In the event of inclement weather, Saratogawine.com will take the necessary precautions to ensure the safe transport of customer orders. If conditions do not permit transport, we will securely hold the orders on site until it is safe to deliver.
To take advantage of this program, simply select “Ship to River Valley Wine Cellars” as your shipping option during checkout. Then, once your order is assembled, it will be included in the next delivery to River Valley Wine Cellars.
We invite our customers to take advantage of this new benefit and enjoy the convenience and peace of mind that comes with having their wine collection stored with Saratogawine.com and River Valley Wine Cellars. Please feel free to contact us for more information.
LEGALBy placing an order with The Saratoga Wine Exchange, purchaser authorizes The Saratoga Wine Exchange to act on buyer’s behalf to engage a common carrier to deliver buyer’s order.
Title to, and ownership of, all wine passes from The Saratoga Wine Exchange to the purchaser in the State of New York and the purchaser takes all responsibility for the import of the package from New York to his/her home state. Since we own all of our inventory and therefore arrange for transportation of the wine, The Saratoga Wine Exchange is providing a service to, and acting on behalf of the purchaser. By utilizing this service from The Saratoga Wine Exchange, the purchaser is representing that he/she is acting in a fashion compliant with his/her local and state laws regarding the purchase, transportation, and delivery of wine.
The Saratoga Wine Exchange automatically adds insurance to each order placed. This covers you from any package lost or damaged in transit. The purchaser represents that he/she has obtained all required permissions, paid all required fees, is working through properly licensed intermediaries, is legally entitled to take possession of wine, is legally entitled to take quantities ordered, and authorizes that he/she is 21 years of age. The Saratoga Wine Exchange makes no representation to the legal rights of anyone to ship or import alcoholic beverages into any state outside of New York.