Things to consider when shipping wine
Hot or cold weather conditions. Wine is perishable.We are located in upstate NY. If you are shipping to the south or other hot climate, we suggest shipping 3-day express or higher during the summer months to preserve the integrity of the wne. Ground from our location to California is 5 Days in a hot truck. Not good for wine. Express gets the wine to California by air. Also, during months of extreme heat or cold, we will not ship if there is a chance your wine will sit over a weekend. This means we generally ship Monday - Wednesday to anyone outside of one day shipping area. This is for your own protection.
Adult Signature RequiredWhen shipping wine, federal law requires an adult signature by the reciepent. The carrier will make three attempts for a delivery/signature after which the shipment will be returned to us. If your package is returned to us for this reason, you will be charged for any return fees and the second shipping attempt.
GiftsWhen sending a gift shipment, make sure recipient will be home during normal delivery hours. Also, be sure to include a gift card message (Located below the address information in the shopping cart).
Business DeliveryThis is preferable because someone is always there to sign and it is somewhat less expensive.
We do not ship outside the continental US.
Orders will be processed in the order they are received.
All wines are sold in New York and title passes to the buyer in New York. We make no representation to the legal rights of anyone to ship or import wines into any state outside New York. The buyer is solely responsible for shipment of wines. By placing an order, you authorize us to act on your behalf to engage a common carrier to deliver your wine. By placing an order you represent to us that you are 21 years old or older. When your wine is delivered, the delivery agent will require identification proving that the receiver is 21 years old.The shipping container will be clearly marked stating that the package contains alcohol. The Saratoga Wine Exchange is not responsible for the return of shipments due to lack of positive ID, and return shipping charges are your responsibility. By placing an order with us, you are stating to us that you are in compliance with your local laws governing alcoholic beverages.
- The Saratoga Wine Exchange reserves the right to hold shipment of your wine during extreme weather conditions. Although unlikely, we reserve the right to raise prices for shipping/handling without notice. The Saratoga Wine Exchange cannot be responsible for damage to wine (including leakage or damaged corks) shipped to you against our express protestations in regards to weather conditions.
- The Saratoga Wine Exchange cannot be responsible for wine damaged by a shipper or inappropriate storage/handling on the part of the buyer, although we will make a reasonable effort to resolve any disputes. We reserve the right to refuse sales if we deem it to be inappropriate and/or unsafe.
- The Saratoga Wine Exchange cannot be held responsible for wine damaged due to being shipped during periods of extreme heat or extreme cold. We will gladly store your wines free of charge for up to 3 months until there are more moderate temperatures. If you must have wine shipped during extreme weather we recommend that you only use air shipping in such cases. Ground shipping times can vary widely and are not guaranteed by the delivery companies leaving your wines exposed to the elements for longer than recommended. If you choose to have your wines shipped using the ground rate, we cannot guarantee the wines condition and will not accept returns of damaged wines due to excessive heat or cold. Please call regarding shipping if you have any questions about the best way to ship you please call prior to placing an order.
- Shipping containers: The Saratoga Wine Exchange uses Styrofoam or pulp packaging containers with protected compartments for each bottle. This has proven to be the most effective packaging available for shipping wine bottles. In addition to excellent mechanical protection for the bottles, a measure of temperature insulation is also provided.
- We cannot ship to PO, APO, or FPO box offices.
- We do not ship outside the continental U.S.
- For orders larger than 12 bottles, We will ship in separate boxes. Example: 14 bottles will be shipped as 12 bottles and as 2 bottles.
- Overnight and 2nd Day denote BUSINESS DAYS, they do not include Saturday and Sunday. An Overnight shipment placed Friday is a Monday Delivery
- Incorrect, insufficient, or change of address will incur a $10.00 surcharge.
- We reserve the right to charge return shipping for refused or undelivered packages.
- Shipping is non refundable in event of returned packages
- Please allow up to 2 business days for your order to be processed
LEGALBy placing an order with The Saratoga Wine Exchange, purchaser authorizes The Saratoga Wine Exchange to act on buyer’s behalf to engage a common carrier to deliver buyer’s order.
Title to, and ownership of, all wine passes from The Saratoga Wine Exchange to the purchaser in the State of New York and the purchaser takes all responsibility for the import of the package from New York to his/her home state. Since we own all of our inventory and therefore arrange for transportation of the wine, The Saratoga Wine Exchange is providing a service to, and acting on behalf of the purchaser. By utilizing this service from The Saratoga Wine Exchange, the purchaser is representing that he/she is acting in a fashion compliant with his/her local and state laws regarding the purchase, transportation, and delivery of wine.
The Saratoga Wine Exchange automatically adds insurance to each order placed. This covers you from any package lost or damaged in transit. The purchaser represents that he/she has obtained all required permissions, paid all required fees, is working through properly licensed intermediaries, is legally entitled to take possession of wine, is legally entitled to take quantities ordered, and authorizes that he/she is 21 years of age. The Saratoga Wine Exchange makes no representation to the legal rights of anyone to ship or import alcoholic beverages into any state outside of New York.