Shipping Policy Terms & Conditions
PRICING AND IMAGE DISCLAIMER
Occasionally, our listed prices may be incorrect or the bottle size may be incorrect. For example, a 750ml size may be incorrectly priced as a 375ml bottle. When such situations occur, The Saratoga Wine Exchange shall be held harmless for the error. We make every effort to make sure that our product database is accurate, however mistakes do happen. We will not honor an incorrect pricing. In all cases, the customer will be contacted before any charges are made to the credit card for a decision to proceed or not proceed with the order at the correct price. Additionally, we reserve the right to refuse sales if we deem them to be inappropriate and/or unsafe. The product images shown are for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the product. Saratoga Wine Exchange reserves the right to change product images at any time without notice.
OUR RETURN POLICY
If you're dissatisfied with a purchase we'll do everything we can to resolve the issue. We will accept returns within 14 days of the fulfillment date that meet the following criteria:
Since we’re unable to control a wine’s storage once it has left our store, we can only accept returns within 14 days of shipment. All returned wines will be subject to a staff evaluation. We will only exchange or refund a wine determined to be "corked." We cannot accept returns for sound wines that do not coincide with personal tastes.
Please do not continue to open bottles once one has been found faulty. We will only exchange or refund all unopened bottles and the first opened bottle.
CANCEL OR CHANGE AN ORDER
If you must cancel or change your order for any reason, please contact us via email or phone as soon as possible after placing your order. Once your order is in process, changes will incur a $10 service fee and cancellation will incur a 10% restocking fee. If your order has already shipped, we will refund you less the shipping charges and restocking fee once it has arrived back to our store.
HOLDS AND IN-STORE PICKUPS
We will hold shipments for up to one season or 6 months, whichever comes first. We understand that some regions of the country experience extreme temperatures in the Winter and Summer months which can potentially damage your wine during shipment. We will gladly hold your Winter or Summer orders until Spring or Fall, respectively, when temperatures are moderate enough for shipping.
In-store pickup is a free option for local customers who would like to pick up in our Ballston Lake, NY store, which is our only location.
- The Saratoga Wine Exchange reserves the right to hold shipment of your wine during extreme weather conditions. The Saratoga Wine Exchange cannot be responsible for damage to wine (including leakage or damaged corks) shipped to you against our express recommendation in regards to weather conditions.
- The Saratoga Wine Exchange cannot be responsible for wine damaged by a shipper or inappropriate storage/handling on the part of the buyer, although we will make a reasonable effort to resolve any disputes.
- If you must have wine shipped during extreme weather we recommend that you only use air shipping. Ground shipping times can vary widely and are not guaranteed by the delivery companies leaving your wines exposed to the elements for longer than recommended. If you choose to have your wines shipped using the ground rate, we cannot guarantee the wines condition and will not accept returns of damaged wines due to excessive heat or cold.
- We will gladly store your wines free of charge until there are more moderate temperatures.
- We cannot ship to PO, APO, or FPO box offices.
- We do not ship outside the U.S.
- One “case” of wine holds a maximum of 12 bottles, and will ship accordingly. Example: 14 bottles will be shipped as 12 bottles and as 2 bottles.
- Express shipments (overnight, 2nd day, express saver) denote BUSINESS DAYS, they do not include Saturday and Sunday. An Overnight shipment placed Friday is a Monday Delivery.
- Shipping times are dependent on immediacy of inventory. Certain items in our store require a 4-6 business day acquisition period, which can be determined by clicking the “Check Availability” button on a product’s page. Items that have to be acquired from the supplier will have delayed shipping.
- It is preferable to send 2nd Day and Overnight packages to a business address.
- Incorrect, insufficient, or change of address will incur a $10.00 surcharge.
- We reserve the right to charge return shipping for refused or undelivered packages.
- Shipping is nonrefundable in event of returned packages.
- Hot or cold weather conditions. Wine is perishable.
We are located in upstate NY. If you are shipping to the south or other hot climate, we suggest shipping 3-day express or higher during the summer months to preserve the integrity of the wine. Ground from our location to California is 5 Days in a hot truck. Not good for wine. Express gets the wine to California by air. Also, during months of extreme heat or cold, we will not ship if there is a chance your wine will sit over a weekend. This means we generally ship Monday - Wednesday to anyone outside of one day shipping area. This is for your own protection.
- Adult Signature Required
When shipping wine, federal law requires an adult signature by the recipient. The carrier will make three attempts for a delivery/signature after which the shipment will be returned to us. If your package is returned to us for this reason, you will be charged for any return fees and the second shipping attempt.
When sending a gift shipment, make sure recipient will be home during normal delivery hours. Also, be sure to include a gift card message (Located below the address information in the shopping cart).
- Business Delivery
This is preferable because someone is always there to sign and it is somewhat less expensive.
- We ship to all states except: Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Iowa, Texas and Utah.
- We do not ship outside the continental US except for Hawaii and Alaska.
- Orders will be processed in the order they are received.
Occasionally, some vintages that appear on a web site may be out of stock. When these situations arise, we contact the customer with the following three options, all with no ensuing penalties:
- Change the order to the current vintage.
- Delete the out-of-stock item from the order.
- Cancel the order entirely.
All wine is sold in the State of New York, and the title passes to the buyer in New York. As such, the appropriate sales tax for the county of destination will be charged on all products shipped within New York State. On orders shipped to destinations outside New York State, no sales tax is charged.
All wines are sold in New York and title passes to the buyer in New York. We make no representation to the legal rights of anyone to ship or import wines into any state outside New York. The buyer is solely responsible for shipment of wines. By placing an order, you authorize us to act on your behalf to engage a common carrier to deliver your wine. By placing an order you represent to us that you are 21 years old or older. When your wine is delivered, the delivery agent will require identification proving that the receiver is 21 years old. The shipping container will be clearly marked stating that the package contains alcohol. The Saratoga Wine Exchange is not responsible for the return of shipments due to lack of positive ID, and return shipping charges are your responsibility. By placing an order with us, you are stating to us that you are in compliance with your local laws governing alcoholic beverages.